Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review for Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye

Title: Her Forbidden Hero
Author: Laura Kaye

Description: She's always been off-limits...

Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend's little sister, but her return home changes that...and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco's not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he's not about to let her see the mess he's become.

...but now she's all grown up.

When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can't stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa's not looking for protection—not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she’s determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time..

My Thoughts: Alyssa finds herself back home after graduating college, with not much money to her name  and a job interview  that she really wants. Marco her long time friend, a guy she has loved since childhood, and her brothers  best friend works at the place she is interviewing. Out of the army and scarred not just outside but inside Marco keeps his distance from people. Then he sees Alyssa and a mix of emotions go through him. One being that she is not a girl, but a beautiful woman. Alyssa comes to realize that he may not be the guy she grew up with. There is also a slightly darker side that she is seeing, but she still wants him. More then anything she hopes her dreams of the future with him in it will come true.

Oh my, Laura Kaye!  I read this in a day and it had my emotions all over the place. I really liked Alyssa she didn't exactly have the best childhood, but she chose rise above that. I also found her sweet and caring with backbone. People just get drawn to her. Heck, I was drawn to her. I felt her happy moments as well as when she hurt. I really loved seeing all sides of her. Marco was smexy, even if he was a brooding guy half the time. He stole my heart, but then how can you not fall for a wounded hero of our country. Especially when you see the softer, tender, caring sides he has for Aly. Plus, there were times when his pure alpha male attitude came out that made me get a bit swoony. I loved Alyssa and Marco as a couple that I was rooting for them the whole way.
 
I will confess to tearing up a bit towards the end of the book. It just means Kaye nailed it for me. This is the second book I have read by her . I haven't been disappointed yet. I resented having to put the book down to go clean before guest came over. Anytime I stopped for a break I was back reading it. I was happy to see  Kaye has  Brady now out in "One Night With A Hero" because after a small taste of him I have a craving that is itching to get fulfilled and only Kaye can provide the means. Kaye is an amazing writer and I am looking forward to my next adventure into her work. 
 
5 out of 5 Stars 
 
You can purchase it here: Amazon  / B&N
 
You can find Laura here: Facebook  Goodreads/ Twitter   

1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Mmmm. Love Laura Kaye. Every book I've read by her has been fantastic.

Love when an author gets you so connected to the characters you can feel what they're going through. Can't wait to start this one :) Glad to hear it was so good!

~Anna